Researchers’ Grand Prix is a Swedish competition that has been run annually since 2012. We challenge researchers to present their research in as captivating, inspiring and educational a way as possible – in just four minutes! Together, expert judges and the audience decide the winner. The final of the 2018 competition was held on 27 November in Stockholm.
On 27 November, the national final of the 2018 Researchers’ Grand Prix took place. Finalists from six local heats, some held as a part of European Researchers’ Night in Sweden, along with two finalists selected from a video presentation entry, competed for the title of Sweden’s best science communicator.
The cancer researcher Rezan Güler at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, won the title of Sweden’s best science communicator at the Researchers’ Grand Prix final. Read the press release here.
- Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Hanife Rexhepi, University of Skövde
- Rachael Berglund, Mälardalen University
- Lina Herbertsson, Lund University
- Rezan Güler, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Anders Agebjörn, University of Gothenburg
- Gustav Ferrand-Drake Del Castillo, Chalmers University of Technology
Read more about the 2018 finalists.
- Agnes Wold, Professor/Chief Physician, University of Gothenburg
- Patrik Hadenius, CEO of the Swedish association Utgivarna
- Katrin Sundberg, actress and director
Compère: Måns Nilsson, comedian and tv presenter
The public’s votes was combined with those of the expert jury.
The final was broadcast live online and viewers were able to vote for the winner online.
The Researchers’ Grand Prix is organised jointly by the Swedish non-profit organisation VA (Public & Science), the Swedish Research Council, the Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (Formas), the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working life and Welfare (Forte) and Sweden’s Innovation Agency, VINNOVA.
For more information
Anders Sahlman, Vetenskap & Allmänhet, coordinator of Researchers’ Grand Prix
+46 (0) 70-734 07 85, [email protected].
View the 2018 Researchers’ Grand Prix below (In Swedish only).